Third Party Parcel Terms and Conditions
Insurance & Compensation For Your Items If Lost Or Damaged
Goods Defenda Transport & Logistics Ltd sends through a third party carrier (such as DPD, Parcelforce Worldwide, DHL, FedEx & others) on your behalf, shall be covered in accordance with that particular carrier’s terms and conditions regarding insurance and compensation for lost and damaged goods.
Most parcel carriers we use provide maximum standard compensation of up to £100 for goods sent on a 24 hour (next working day service) & £50.00 for those sent on a 48 hour (two working day service), provided the sender has complied with the rules the carriers have in place at the time of shipping. Please contact us for further details on the carrier that will be carrying your parcels or visit the carriers site for their particular terms of carriage.
Other carriers than than those previously referenced may be used for heavier or bulky items or for some international destinations. These carriers provide various insurance & compensation levels & options. Again, for clarification of which carrier is being used for your particular shipment please contact us for details on their current insurance and item restrictions.
Defenda Transport & Logistics Ltd and its third party carriers accept no responsibility for consequential losses that may be incurred by using our services. Compensation up to £100 for the cost of goods can be be claimed for items lost or damaged but evidence will be required when making a claim.
Items most carriers exclude from compensation
Please be aware that the following goods are excluded from compensation: Compensation for loss or damage will not be paid if parcels are strapped together or bound to another parcel.
Any dangerous, hazardous and prohibited goods
Please contact us or visit the website of the carrier for information on prohibited or restricted items.
* In the case of these fragile items, we will pay refunds in the case of delay (timed delivery) and compensation for loss, but not damage to the items.
• Automotive parts and body work – including doors, bumpers and headlights
• Cases (including suitcases and musical instrument cases) when used as external packaging
• Ceramics or composites wholly or partially made of china and/or porcelain
• Computer monitors – including laptops, all-in-one desktops and iMacs
• Fossils, rock and stone items – including fragranite
• Furniture – flat packed and ready built
• Glassware – items wholly or partially made of glass or containing glass, e.g. bottles, picture frames, TV’s and laptops that contain glass
• Lighting – damage in transit or in handling of fluorescent tubes, neon lighting, x-ray tubes, light bulbs or any other inherently fragile items
• Marble or any stone derivatives
• Plaster items – including Plaster of Paris, fibre clay
• Resin items including amorphite, amber and composites
• Televisions – including CRT, LCD, LED and Plasma screens
• Cakes of all types
Musical instruments – no enhanced compensation is available
Perishable foodstuffs and articles
• All perishable foodstuffs and articles (including plants, flowers, medicines, seeds and other vegetable products intended for further processing), may only be sent in accordance with the terms and conditions set out under the heading “Perishable foodstuffs and articles” in the “Restricted Goods” section of this page. In the case of Consignments for delivery in the UK which contain perishable foodstuffs or articles, these must be sent by a guaranteed next day service as a minimum requirement, and be able to withstand transit times of at least 48 hours. Claims for damage will not be accepted where the goods have perished and the parcel was delivered within 48 hours. Please also note that claims for damage caused by late delivery will not be accepted where this was outside of our control. In the case of Consignments containing perishable foodstuffs or articles sent using our International Services, we will not pay compensation for loss or delay of the Consignment or damage to the items.
Money and negotiable documents
Money, coins, financial documents (money’s equivalent). This includes bankers drafts, current bank notes, currency notes or coins, postal orders, cheques or dividend warranties, bearer securities including share warrants, scripts or subscription certificates, bonds or relative coupons, unfranked postage stamps or revenue stamps (except a revenue stamp embossed or impressed on an instrument which has been executed), coupons, vouchers, tokens, lottery tickets, scratch cards or similar items which can be exchanged themselves or with any other item for money, goods or services, national insurance stamps, all tickets, including travel and events. Out of circulation coins (not made of gold or silver) are classed as collectables.
• Negotiable documents, stamps, unobliterated postage or revenue stamps. Out of circulation stamps are treated as collectables for compensation purposes
• Tickets or tickets which are exchangeable for goods or services e.g. airline tickets
• Antiques (objects over 100 years old)
• Articles made largely or wholly of gold, silver or other precious metals
• Diamonds and other precious stones
• Fur (except imitation)
• Jewellery (except imitation)
• Sim cards
• Watches and watch movements.
The following items are excluded from our liability for compensation for globalexpress:
Artwork, including any work created or developed by the application of skill, taste or creative talent for sale, display or collection. This includes without limitation, items such as paintings, drawings, vases, tapestries, limited-edition prints, fine art, statues, sculptures, collector’s items, customized or personalized musical instruments or similar items.
• Film, photographic images, including photographic negatives, photographic chromes and photographic slides.
• Other: Any item or commodity that by its inherent nature is particularly susceptible to damage, or the market value of which is particularly variable or difficult to ascertain are also excluded from compensation cover.
To process claims for loss or damage for items purchased using an auction website, the auction reference number and final receipts of purchase will be required.
Items which have appreciated in value either due to their scarcity or due to their being out of production are not excluded from cover. However, any loss of, or damage to, any collectable shall be limited to the actual price paid for the collectable and shall not exceed Parcelforce Worldwide’s stated limits of compensation as set out in the compensation table, subject to the customer providing satisfactory written or printed evidence.
Items sent overseas
Claims for compensation for loss or damage will not be accepted where the goods shipped are prohibited by the country of destination. For some international destinations there is no compensation payable for any service. The countries to which this restriction applies can vary, so please check ParcelForce’s individual country directory before sending.
International Shipments & Deliveries
We offer extremely low prices on sending parcels overseas from the UK. We can also take care of your heavier items utilising one of our own dedicated or groupage vehicles, or by assigning your goods to one of our international network partners.
A fully tracked and signed for service for most international destinations is provided at no additional cost, giving you and your shipment’s intended recipient peace of mind whilst your goods are in transit.
Check what you are able to ship internationally
When sending parcels or other items overseas, additional restrictions may be applied by both the carrier or by the destination country.
Although we do have a list of prohibited items that cannot generally be sent by couriers, each nation would have their own restrictions that you need to make yourself aware of. For instance, Canada, the US and other countries around the world have restrictions on the importation of wood and food products. Some restrictions like firearms & narcotics may seem obvious but others may be less so.
It’s therefore crucial that when you book your international parcel or other delivery that you describe the contents of the parcel as clearly and as accurately as possible – so that the courier/carrier has another opportunity to ensure that nothing illegal is being carried.
Taxes & Import Charges
Shipments for delivery outside of the European Union may be subject to additional import Duties & Taxes. Defenda Transport & Logistics Ltd or any of its partners will if requested attempt to establish if and what the charges are likely to be. However, they are variable and are ultimately the responsibility of the sender or recipient. We therefore can accept no responsibility for any taxes, duties or storage charges incurred as a result of the sender failing to familiarise themselves with the import tariffs imposed by the destination country of their shipment.